James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center - Altoona, PA
Volunteer or Donate
The James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center depends on the good will of our benefactors and volunteers who wish to give something back to America's heroes.
Volunteers provide many important functions throughout the medical center and help make our patients' stay more enjoyable. Volunteers can perform a number of services, and a volunteer's talents are closely matched with one of our many assignments.
To volunteer, call or visit the James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center, Volunteer Program Office. We will be happy to set up an interview to discuss how you can help us in our mission to provide comfort and care to America's veterans.
Monetary donations are used for the comfort and welfare of our veteran patients as well as assist our outpatients in a time of need.
- hygiene products
- various needs of indigent or homeless veterans
- recreational activities, including National Recreation Therapy events
- holiday activities for Veterans
- special programs or projects, including POW/MIA Recognition Day, Wall of Honor in the medical center and Veterans Day programs
Non-monetary contributions are used to make our residents and patients' stay more enjoyable as well as assist our outpatients in a time of need. Items that are accepted include:
- Gift cards for gas or groceries
- Scarves, hats and gloves
- magazines, six months or newer, and paperback books
- personal hygiene products
To make a monetary or non-monetary donation, please contact the James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center Volunteer Program Office.