VA » Health Care » James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center - Altoona, PA » Features
James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center - Altoona, PA
- Emergency Medical Care
- You never know when you may need emergency medical care, so knowing what to do and where to go will benefit you. During a medical emergency, Veterans should immediately seek care at the nearest medical facility.
- Receive Appointment Reminders via Text Messaging
- To increase access to health care for all Veterans, the Veterans Health Administration has created VEText, an interactive mobile solution to remind Veterans of upcoming appointments via text messaging.
- Explore Long Term Services, Supports--Just in Case
- Explore your long term care services and supports now, while you don't need them. Personal proactive planning can provide you peace of mind for yourself and those you care about.
- How ACA Affects Vets
- Portions of the Affordable Care Act take effect next year. Veterans receiving VA health care will not see any change in benefits or costs. Many Veterans without health insurance are eligible for VA health care.
- We've Re-Designed Our Entire Website
- Our new look is designed to help you easily and quickly access information with intuitive and easy-to-use navigation. This website our front door, and we want you to feel welcome.
- Get The Facts About Sleep Apnea
- Sleep apnea is a common disorder in which there are one or more pauses in breathing, or shallow breaths while you sleep. These pauses can last from a few seconds to several minutes and can occur 30 times or more an hour.
- E-Donate Is Simple, Speedy, Safe
- E-Donate, a new online donation option at the VAMC provides community members who wish to give back to Veterans at a VA medical center a simple, safe way to pledge their support to the account of their choice.
- Food is Good Medicine
- Scientific evidence has long proven this concept to be true. Unfortunately, the temptations of soda, cake, candy, snack chips, chocolate and other high calorie foods often steer us towards serious health problems.