VA » Health Care » James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center - Altoona, PA » Features
James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center - Altoona, PA
- VA wants to hear from you!
- We want to hear from you, join us for a virtual listening session on helping us determine the future of VA health care. Our virtual session will take place on March 10, 2021 at 11:00 a.m.
- ALTOONA VA POLICE PROMOTE FOUR
- Altoona VA Police Promote Four – A first for the facility and department. In another first for the Altoona VA, four VA Police Department officers were recently promoted to the rank of Lieutenant.
- Five-Star Rating for James E. Van Zandt VAMC
- Area Veterans rate their VA Medical Center higher than any other in the state.The James E. Van Zandt VAMC is one of only eleven hospitals in the state of Pennsylvania to receive a five-star experience rating.
- Staff Members Holding the Line
- During the “stay at Home” order statewide, our staff continue to implement changes to “flatten the curve” and protect our Veterans. The most noticeable of these changes is the entry screening lines.
- PAIN MANAGEMENT OFFERS ALTERNATIVE TREATMENT
- The James E. Van Zandt Pain Management Clinic assists Veterans in dealing with chronic pain issues by tailoring specialized treatments to fit each Veteran's individual needs.
- WHOLE HEALTH PUTS VETERANS IN CHARGE
- Whole Health is VA’s new approach to well-being. Initiatives, found in the program, are making great strides in reducing the use of opioids, anti-anxiety medication, and other therapies that involve controlled substances
- PT Walk-In Clinic Expands to Four Days a Week
- Physical Therapy is now offering a walk-in clinic at the James E. Van Zandt VAMC. Due to the success of the clinic, the service has expanded to four days a week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- JAMES E. VAN ZANDT VAMC ADVANCES CARE FOR VETERANS
- Cataract Surgery added as part of our Veteran centric culture. On Wednesday, September 25, 2019, the James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center added cataract surgery to the growing list of services it offers local Veterans.
- Hollidaysburg Partners with VA Signage Initiative
- - The Borough of Hollidaysburg in partnership with the James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center unveiled new street signs today. The Borough of Hollidaysburg is the first municipality to take this initiative.
- The new VA.gov website is now available.
- The VA is making it easier for Veterans and those who support them to find the information and tools they need. The new VA.gov design focuses on the top 80% of information Veterans seek out across all VA websites