VA » Health Care » James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center - Altoona, PA » Features
James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center - Altoona, PA
- Explore Long Term Services, Supports--Just in Case
- Explore your long term care services and supports now, while you don't need them. Personal proactive planning can provide you peace of mind for yourself and those you care about.
- How ACA Affects Vets
- Portions of the Affordable Care Act take effect next year. Veterans receiving VA health care will not see any change in benefits or costs. Many Veterans without health insurance are eligible for VA health care.
- We've Re-Designed Our Entire Website for One Reaso
- Our new look is designed to help you easily and quickly access information with intuitive and easy-to-use navigation. This website our front door, and we want you to feel welcome.
- Get The Facts About Sleep Apnea
- Sleep apnea is a common disorder in which there are one or more pauses in breathing, or shallow breaths while you sleep. These pauses can last from a few seconds to several minutes and can occur 30 times or more an hour.
- E-Donate Is Simple, Speedy, Safe
- E-Donate, a new online donation option at the VAMC provides community members who wish to give back to Veterans at a VA medical center a simple, safe way to pledge their support to the account of their choice.
- Food is Good Medicine
- Scientific evidence has long proven this concept to be true. Unfortunately, the temptations of soda, cake, candy, snack chips, chocolate and other high calorie foods often steer us towards serious health problems.
- The Wall that Heals - Restoring the Honor for Future Generations
- The Wall that Heals is a half sized replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C. The wall has been on permanent display for ten years at the James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center and is receiving a facelift.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- With VA Adaptive Sports, life has become a joy
- It's more than therapy. The Veterans Summer Sports Clinic offers many exciting recreational opportunities for Veterans accepting the challenge to strengthen their bodies and improve their self-worth.
- My HealtheVet has a New Look - Check it Out!
- The next generation of My HealtheVet is here, and we think you will like what you see! The new site was recently redesigned with new colors and a cleaner look. Check it out today!
- National Disabled Veterans TEE Tournament
- The National Disabled Veterans TEE Tournament, being held this week in Iowa City, Iowa, gives disabled Veterans an opportunity to learn new skills and strengthen their self-esteem.
- Veteran Receives High-tech Prosthetic Hand
- Afghanistan Veteran Daniel Glanz has a brand new prosthetic hand, an iLimb Quantum, with functions that are programmable with a smartphone app and can change functions with a simple gesture.
- Veteran talks about suicide to help other Veterans
- Combat Veteran Alexandrea Gries shares her experiences with Veterans to help them overcome their obstacles and issues. “VA is probably the single biggest reason why I'm still alive.”
- Helping Hands for Healthy Hearts for PA Veterans
- At the Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center, the new cardiac catheterization suite offers state-of-the-art care for area Veterans close to home. Less travel and loved ones by their side.
- Veteran Shares Green Thumb Hobby with Fellow Vets
- An Iraq war Veteran tells his story of post-combat struggles and how Veterans Affairs health care professionals helped him commit to a better life and share his green thumb hobby.
- Veteran Sexual Trauma Victims: You Are Not Alone
- After Mary experienced Military Sexual Trauma, she was afraid to report it. She thought she was alone. She got help at VA and now wants to get the word out to other Veterans about MST coordinators.
- Veterans Find Prostate Cancer Cure at McGuire
- Veterans across America travel to McGuire VA Medical Center in Richmond for treatment of moderate to aggressive forms of prostate cancer using “brachytherapy” a much better option for Veterans.
- 10 Things About The Veterans Choice Program
- Here's all the information about the Veterans Choice Program. Find out if you are eligible to receive health care from a community provider. How is the 40-mile calculation determined? And other FAQs.