About the Program
The James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center pharmacy processes over 2,000 prescriptions daily. Prescriptions may be refilled by the automated refill line, mail, or the Internet.
Automated Refill Line
An automated refill line is available for all patients. You must have a touch tone telephone. Please call one of the following numbers:
- (814) 940-7829 (Altoona area)
- 1 (800) 720-7726 (from outside the Altoona area)
- After you have dialed the number, wait for the automated attendant to answer.
- Enter your entire social security number, then press the # key. Wait for an answer.
- Press 2, then wait for an answer.
- Press 1, then wait for an answer.
- Enter the prescription number, then press the # key. Wait for an answer.
- To refill additional prescriptions, press 1 and repeat the process.
If you are using the automated refill line, all refills should be ordered at least ten (10) days prior to when the refill is due in order to ensure prompt processing and delivery time.
Prescriptions may also be filled online using VA's My HealtheVet program. You will need a user ID and password to log in. If you do not have one, you can easily get one by creating your personal profile.
Refills at VAMC Pharmacy
All veterans are encouraged to refill their prescriptions by mail, automated refill line, or Internet. Because of our patient workload, we request that only emergent prescriptions be filled at the pharmacy window.
Please visit My HealtheVet for information about any prescription you may be taking.
- Outpatient Pharmacy
- Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Inpatient Pharmacy (hospitalized inpatients only)
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Pharmacy Administration Office
- Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
All of the above services, except for the inpatient pharmacy, are closed on all federal holidays.